Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ahhh...

Brady's feet, I've mentioned his obsession with feet...


Brady with a twinkle in his eye



Well. My son has been quite the "difficult" one this week (or two) with defiant tantrums, and bulling, general insubordance, etc. Today we went to one of his best buddies birthday party, and he hardly particiapted. But then I remembered he did the same thing last year at Aiden's birthday, it must be because he's used to having Aiden to himself or something.

Anyway, after we read stories, I took him to his room to snuggle and settle in for the night. He was in the best mood, I wanted to stay and talk with him all night. He was giggling (like all 5 year olds should, but he hardly lets himself go like that with me) and telling me silly stories about Daisy, using words that I'd never heard him use before ("that's disgusting") when referencing to Daisy's mortifing moment when she had a dingle berry, and was trying to get some love from Jackie (Brady asked when Jackie could come back again, too.) We just had the nicest evening, and it's a little sad to say that I can't remember when I've had such a lovely time with my son. We have a rocky road ahead for us, I'm sure. But he is my heart.

Oh, and I scored today. I am a little obsessive once I get a thought in my head on how something should be. So I decided that I needed small tiaras for Natalie's birthday. I had bought some at Target in September, but they don't carry them anymore. So I've been searching online with no luck. So I drove my mom and Natalie to Burlington today (to go to Costco, oh, and do you mind if we stop at the party store, and Target?) So we did, and they had exactly what I was looking for! Yea! And I got matching scepters to go with the mini-tiaras. I feel so much better tonight, maybe I can sleep peacefully now.

2 comments:

t said...

what if I want a sceptor AND a tiara? would that be out of line ;)

Jen said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with Brady and Aiden. He's used to having Aiden's undivided attention and it was a party theme that he didn't dig. I was so hoping 4 was the tough year but it looks like 5 kinda runs together with the 4 year stuff. Great.