Tuesday, February 19, 2008

President's Day


Brady scootin on by...


Natalie test driving her birthday present.



The kids refused a photo (hoods up, backs to me) so I made Brady take a picture of me at Deception Pass.









Feeling a little more frisky today (yes, I said frisky, shutup), just a scratchy throat so far.

We had our little buddy Brendan over to play yesterday, the kids all had a good time. It's nice when a kid comes over and reindroduces your children to their own toys. All the sudden they are interesting again, and you get a little more mileage out of them.

Then we just had to enjoy some of this sunshine before heading to Whidbey, so we met Aiden and Amelia at Brady and Aiden's future school. I think all the kids had a good time and got some wiggles out.

Off to Whidbey to help mom prepare for the first stage of the big move. It was so nice that we stopped at Deception pass (usually just drive on by) but I got a little sentimental (and it was so gorgeous outside, we could see Baker and the islands) that I won't be coming to the island much anymore and I'm losing one more piece of "home". So I drug the kids onto the bridge, nervous the whole time (hundreds of feet fall on one side, traffic zooming past you 2 feet away on the other side). Then they refused to appease me. They pulled up their hoods in unison and turned their backs on me. Maybe I go a little overboard with the camera?

By the time we got home last night, my nerves were shot, and the crud was making me crabby. So we got the kids in bed and Lar drew me a bath and I soaked and read (I've become the worlds slowest reader now that I have children) the Kite Runner. Then I curled up and did my new addiction: People Magazine Crosswords. I got a whole book of them. I feel good about myself when I'm done, because I can actually complete the whole puzzle fairly easily. Cheap ego boost, I know. Worthless information, I know. Not that impressive, I know.

1 comments:

Jackie said...

HB! I have been on vacation for the last 10 days so I am just now catching up on your blog... DAMN IT! So I didn't even know that a People Puzzler book existed and so after reading your blog I had to immediately zip to Barnes and Noble to buy the thing. Thanks alot buttwipe - now we can enjoy the Puzzler Book crack together. Smooches.