Friday, February 29, 2008

Singing in the Rain


Killing time waiting for the train to pass.





So I get a voicemail today from Maggie inviting me and the kids to go to Cornwall park today at 3. It's slightly grey, but pleasant for a NW Feb day.

Natalie and I run up to Semiahmoo to check on the in-laws place real quick for them, and on the way back the train is crossing. It's normally something we look forward too, a little break in the driving monotony. But 15 minutes into the train crossing, we got a little bored. I don't know if the train was held up at the border (it would be one helluva long train) or what. Then I hear this horrible CLUNK and think 'oh shit, it hit something'. No. It's going in reverse and heading back down the tracks that hit spent 15 minutes blocking. Nice.

Head to the house to get coats and bikes, and I see a tree moving. Huh? Then the rain comes. But we told all these people we'd meet them at the park. So we get Brady from school and head over. Sure enough, there are 4 of us idiots that brought our kids to play at the park. And they did for about 30 minutes, until the RAIN came. Not just the endless drizzle that is the NW. But we were'nt the only idots there. A van full of people arrived, walked over to a random space in the trees, held hands in prayer for about 10 minutes, got back in the van and left. We all agreed it was a field trip from the Nut Farm.

Big day tomorrow. Natalie has a date with Isabella. Brady and I may have a date with Tracy. And the 3 of us have a date with GOD at 5:30. I don't know if I'll make it out of there. Erin has lured me with free mochas. And my guilt as a mother and Brady asking to attend church has overwhelmed my better judgement. But I do believe that my children should be free to form their own set of beliefs, and it IS my job to help them discover them. Cheese and Rice!

0 comments: