Tuesday, January 13, 2009

5/4 of people are bad at fractions

There was a positive today: Norman is now wearing Larry's shirt that I hate. Larry thinks that his t-shirt that states the above is hilarious. I think it's obnoxious. Luckily he pitted it out quickly so now Norm is wearing as a wound-licking deterrent.
The Vet was not hopeful about his tumor, she put him on an antibiotic and Prednisone. The Prednisone is about all we can do to treat it and cause him less discomfort. I should know more Thursday.
As much as I'm saddened by this news, I'm finding myself feeling slightly ambiguous about Norm's diagnosis, just as I've felt with the past animals we've lost since we had children. I'm woefully practical and wish I was more purely emotional at times like this. I hate to feel this way, but my practical side says "hey, it's not me or Larry or the kids or our parents" when I am also sad because he was my first "adult" dog, Larry and my first pet together, the dog that taught my children how to love a pet and not be fearful of big dogs. He's such a joy to our family, yet I've distanced my brain because life can be (and has been) so much worse. I'm admitting a slightly ugly side of me, but it's the truth.
As he sits near me as I blog, my heart breaks for his future. He's an eternal puppy, at 11 he still jumps and plays and is as mischievous as ever. He is a sweet boy and I love him.
I'll get a photo of him in his T-shirt (as well as post Natalie's Pagaent tonight when Larry brings the camera back home!)

0 comments: