Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Working like a dog

Ok, so I've worked two 9 hour days in a row, I don't have a lot of room to complain, but I will anyway. It's not easy when you're not used to it, and you still have dinner to make, projects to finish (Brady was "star of the week" this week and needed his poster created for it), and kids to put to bed (since I'm the primary bed time parent, it's just easier for me to do it if I'm home, or else there are lots of tears and trips up and down the stairs).
I also have lined up for tomorrow:
-office meeting at 8am
-orthodontist appointment at 9am
-leading a group craft at 10am for MOMS Club
-brunch with my work mentor at 11
-home by 12:30 so that Brady can go to school and Larry can go to work
-hosting a friend and her two children at 1 until our kids get out of school at 3:30.
-crack a beer.
And Thursday? More of the same. I don't get to go to bed tonight until I finish prepping for the craft tomorrow, I really hope it turns out (of course you'll see photos even if it doesn't).
I'm pooped. I'm going to go melt my brain on rerun sit-coms.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Well, I guess that answers my email question! Ha ha! You're a busy girl....makes me tired just to read it.

t said...

AW poor you! I guess the good thing about working more is that it was a lovely surprise to see you yesterday... shades and all ;)

Erin said...

Yep, that sucks. I hear ya! Glad at least you're feeling better for it all.

Jen said...

I cheated and used Aiden's star of the week poster from preschool.