Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It. Is. Over.

I'm still contemplating reading the "leaked" pages from Stephanie Meyers 5th book. She put it up on her website, but I still feel like I'd be invading her privacy.
I finished breaking dawn, the 4th and possibly final book in the Twilight series. Seriously, just read the first book, either you'll be slurped up and worthless (and $40 in the hole) after dragging your children to the bookstore at 9pm on a Friday night to buy the copies of the sequels that you couldn't bum off your friends fast enough; or you'll grow bored by Chapter 3 and forget about it. But I'm telling ya, I haven't been that hooked by a series in a very long time. Even the Harry Potter books began to read like movie scripts to me after the 2nd book. But these books she wrote for pure literary pleasure. I know they are "teen" reads, but hey, I also liked Dawson's Creek at 30, so what can I say (I'm saying "Jackie, go read the damn book")

And after reading vampire novels all week, what did I read to my children tonight for bed? The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss. Sick, aren't I?

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm on the 2nd one right now so don't give anything away. And there's a 5th?? Crap.

rebecca said...

Read the story on her blog/website. It's through Edwards eyes!!!

G said...

Completely agree, you MUST go read Midnight Sun.

Heather said...

I read it. Last night. Then I had a cigarette. Just kidding about the cigarette part.
Ah, Edward always leaving the women wanting more...

rebecca said...

Yeah, is it wrong to want that guy so much????!!!!