Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peeking out from the covers


Larry has inventory tonight, which means he belongs to Costco for the next 16 hours. And that he'll be worthless tomorrow.
I'm feeling slightly better, and Larry read that exercise was still beneficial even if you were sick (who gets paid to study these things? I want names, people!) so when Maggie called looking to go for a walk/hike, I agreed. I don't get to call in sick for my mommy duties, so I suppose running them until their legs fell off was a good alternative to having to entertain them myself.
It was a lovely winter day, not a cloud in the sky, and Maggie and I wrangled 5 children quite nicely, I must say.
We also received a nice windfall from our neighbors. They have two girls that are a bit older than Natalie, so she receives many hand-me-downs. Today was the mother-load. Natalie got a box of dress-up clothes, a dollhouse, a whole bunch of Floam, and a few other tidbits. Brady is happy to get another remote controlled toy, this time a Mike from Monsters, Inc.
They are such generous neighbors and friends. However, I did my good deed for the day earlier, and I believe this was my good karma coming 'round once again.

P.S.!!! Norman's results came back, and it appears to only be inflammation! So he'll continue on his antibiotics and prednisone, but it doesn't seem to be cancerous! Hurray!

1 comments:

Lyndie said...

Great news about Norman!!