Monday, March 17, 2008

Back to blogging

Something happened last night (ummm... Larry and Munch?) and the computer crashed until about 5 tonight. So I've got a few posts to catch up!

I had my CT scan this morning. I drank down a jug of Barium last night (not AS bad as I expected, I just gagged because I knew I wasn't drinking "food" per se) and woke up the morning and instead of coffee, I drank another jug. I got checked in and they had another 8-10oz cup of Barium waiting for me before I could lay down. Didn't realize I would need an IV as well, but no biggie, I'm used to being poked; and he got a vein the first try (quite a feat on me) but it was in the middle of the inside of my forearm.

Got the radiation dye injected in me, and just like the guy said, I got flushed, my throat got hot and tasted metallic, and I thought I was going to wet myself. Makes you wonder how safe science is sometimes...

The scan literally took 20 seconds. All that prep work for 20 seconds. They said the doc should have the report in the next couple of days.

1 comments:

rebecca said...

Heather, what's up? What was the test for?????

I am keeping you in my thoughts.