Saturday, March 29, 2008

Training for the marathon

I like to think of today as a training run... I scrapbooked 12 hours today in preparation for the 20 hours I'll be doing this coming Friday. Sara, Rebecca, Jen and I went to the Mothers of Multiples fundraising crop (interesting group) despite the Spring snow storm. My minivan is a total turd in the snow. And it's not just me being a wimp. Although I have let my husband be chivalrous all these many years and drive me to work when the snow gets a bit deep. There's something to be said about being "helpless" sometimes. Gives him an ego boost, and makes me think "my hero", even though I could be a big girl and do it... where's the fun in that? And why have each other around if not to lean on once in awhile?

So the snow is quickly melting, so mom and I are heading to Coquitlam BC in the morning to shop to our hearts delight at IKEA. And Costco. And a few places in between. Costco CAN is cool because they have this juice (I'm sure I'll post a pic) called fruit & veggie juice, kind of like the V8 Fusion, a great way to sneak in a few more veggies. Or in our case here, some veggies. (period) But this juice comes in juice boxes to pack in the kids lunch! So I'll have to pick up a few cases of that fo' sho'.

Would post snow pics and such, but I'm pooped. Oh, and the kids got to go to Jungle Playland with Gramma today to celebrate cousin Annie's 5th birthday. Sounds like they had a terrific time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. at least you got to go to your crop! I had a 12 hour crop to go to on Saturday and didn't get to go because I am sick. I did manage to sneak into Treasury for their mini garage sale.

Your posts are quite the laugh. I love your style.