Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cookies



Here are our yummy Easter cookies! The kids helped frost and sprinkle (there was enough sprinkles on the 2 cookies that Natalie did to sprinkle most of the rest of the cookies.) Brady just left to go next door to play, and I walked into the kitchen... most of the cookies have finger swipes in them. Natalie pleads innocent. That little bugger. You can see the green and yellow cookies are "marked".

Here is the recipe for the sugar cookies:

Myrita Henry's Sugar Cookies (Oh, she was a neighbor in Shafter CA that my mom was friends with, and her son and me both decided to stick stuff into different orifices. He put a rock up his nose, so I thought it would be a good idea to stick a pinion nut in my ear. That was a fun trip to the urgent clinic).

Cream: 1/2 C shortening or margarine
1 C sugar

Add: 2 eggs
1 t. vanilla or lemon
1 3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 t salt

Chill dough. Roll and cut into shapes. Bake at 375 for 4-6 minutes.

I pulled the frosting out of Joy of Cooking. Basic powdered sugar with milk, butter, salt and vanilla.

0 comments: