Friday, March 14, 2008

Mama Bear time

Spring must be around the corner, because the mama bear in me woke up a litle yesterday.

I took the kids to McD's (I begged and pleaded not too, I now see why my mom moaned when we wanted to go as kids) and when we got there the place is empty. I took the kids to go potty and wash their hands (like washing hands will help in that place) and Natalie starts coughing, like she has a tickle in her throat. She's hacking away in the bathroom and I think she might throw up from it all. She says 'no, I just need a drink of apple juice'. OK. As we're approaching the table to get said juice, WHAMO! she barfs. So gross. Thank god we're alone, so I can save myself some embarrassment.

We get her all cleaned up and I start to think we're winding down this wonderful adventure, when 8 kids show up. That means getting my 2 to leave now isn't going to be easy. Natalie has found a new "best friend" and Brady is chasing 4 older boys (like 8-10). And they're all giggling like mad, but my radar goes up because why is my son the "villian" chasing these boys all of the sudden? Then I hear it. "Hey Grayson, that little boy said he was going to kick your butt!" And the other 2 join in. Taunting Grayson about how my younger son is threatening to kick his butt, is he going to take it, can you belive it... and on and on. Now the hairs on my neck are bristling. I know Brady didn't say anything, because I've been cued into this since they walked in. And Brady wouldn't threaten another boy anyway.

I kind of let it go on, afterall Brady is visually happy and excited to be 'playing' with older boys. Then they go into what Natalie calls the "Submarine" (but this day it's a ferry). It's a padded Octogan. And today it wasn't a Submarine or a ferry, it was a UFC Cage. In the blink of an eye Brady and Grayson are facing off in the cage, and the other 3 boys are laughing hysterically saying that Brady kicked Grayson in the balls (didn't happen) and on and on. So I am up and moving over there (obviously) and the mom appears and stops me. "Is everything OK?" and I said "For the moment, but it's about not to be". I told her what her boys were doing and she (not pleased, gratefully) says that they were teasing Grayson in the car about a girl (apparently in a lower grade) who hit him at school, and this is how the whole "Grayson got beat up by a girl" morphed into my son beating him up. "OK, but my son is 5, and has not said or done anything that they are taunting Grayson about, and I'm afraid Grayson is going to 'shut up' his friends via my son." And of course this conversation took time, and as I go to rescue (to his dismay) my son, they were swinging and kicking at each other. Poor little Brady thought it was great fun, I was so angry that it was at his expense. So we had a little talk about bullies and big boys on the way home.

Little punk asses.

0 comments: