Thursday, March 20, 2008

Swim Lessons, the conclusion



Tonight the kids had their last lesson for this session of swim lessons. Brady was in level 3, and Natalie, who is finally old enough to begin lessons (besides mommy and me lessons) started in level 1.

Now I know that almost every kid does this at some point in their life, but today it happened for Brady, so today (and for a few days after) I get to brag about him. HE SWAM! Totally swam. Propulsion in the water. Kicking legs, paddling hands, and face in the water swam. Way cool day. And tonight he spelled and read "Go" and "Stop" off of the wallpaper border in his room (it has those words on it).



And little Natalie is moving on to level 2, she is just a little fish, so comfortable in the water. She can float on her back with help, blow bubbles partially submerged, and "scoop ice cream" like the best of them. Scooping ice cream is how they teach kids to paddle their arms. But since she's a stick, her legs sink when they hold onto the edge of the pool to kick, but the effort is there!

She didn't spell or read anything today. But she is frequently "spelling" many words. She often says things like "A-U-R, truck!"

Oh, and I forgot to tell you in the last post, I couldn't find my Easter cookie cutters. So I used a biscut cutter (round), my valentine heart, and my halloween cat and candy corn cutters. So resourceful!

0 comments: