Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home again, home again jiggity jig

We made it home last night, found out that our fish tank heater died while we were gone so we lost a couple of fish (my poor mom wouldn't have any idea about this since the fish hide in rocks a lot...) but they are warm again, and seem to be faring well (the survivors that is).
I woke up yesterday morning, rolled over and started spinning like crazy. My vertigo couldn't have picked a worse time to rear it's ugly head. I spent the morning vomiting and trying to get an article of clothing on without inducing more vomiting. And we still had to change all the sheets on the bed, pack the last few items, put the trash out, dress the kids... you get the picture. Poor Larry was running around frantically doing everything, hopefully everything looks OK when Cameron and Sue get down there next week!
I "sobered" up enough to walk on the airplane and didn't have an episode during the flight (I was slightly panicked I'd actually have to use the airsick bag).
Natalie was on cloud 9 when I picked her up from school today, it's a lovely fall afternoon and she had a full day catching up with all her little friends.
Larry is picking up the B-man as we speak, and then we're off to Sehome to enjoy the fall colors, before the rain resumes.
I've got to go, there is a kitty who desperately needs some love (poor Daisy).

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Your home! Ready for tomorrow night??!

Kate said...

Welcome Home! Sorry to hear your last day was a bit barfy. Ugh.

See you tomorrow!

Jen said...

Vertigo sucks, I've started taking b- 12 and noticed a difference! Doesn't it feel good to be home?

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you made it home safe and sound (and didn't barf on the plane in the bag. YUCK!)

rebecca said...

Welcome back - the best part in coming home is looking at Western Washington color. When you get pictures printed, I would love to see them.