Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh, Jessie.

Big sister Pearl with the new love of her life, she floated out of the delivery room when she was the first to meet him and got to come report the news to the rest of us waiting.

First of all, yes I got there in plenty of time to be one of the first to meet Huggins (thank you, mom). I am utterly happy for them, he's healthy and pink and just perfect. I can't wait to get some more time with him.

NOW, on with the post!
Yesterday morning my in-laws arrived back at home in CA and began the "move-in" process (you know, after living someplace else for 6 months...). They promised to keep an eye out for "Jessie", Natalie's new favorite friend from the movie Toy Story (OK, you know how Bambi can make you cry when his mom dies, that's what the Jessie scene in Toy Story does to me when she gets dumped by her girl. So there is no way I could deny my daughter the chance to love Jessie, despite the fact that the doll has evil eyebrows. Why would Disney approve that for marketing? Why couldn't they just round her eyebrows a little more? Ahh... I digress). Later that morning I received an email that states that Jessie was hiding behind the clean towels trying to stay in sunny CA, and a photo.


I called Natalie in to the computer room to show her the email she received and this is the response I got:

"Jessie! JESSIE! Jessie, come back! Mama, get Jessie! Mommy! I want Jessie to come home this second!"

So, being the wonder-mom that I am, thought this was sweet/funny, and am always looking for ways to tease Cameron, had to take this picture and email it to him.

So anyway, Welcome back to the sun Cameron and Sue, I look at my fading wonderful brown skin and think of you...

6 comments:

Brooke said...

AWw poor Natalie! Guess they better ship that dolly quick! I have natalies wonder woman head band if your looking for it!

Jackie said...

You're right! Jessie's doll face does look a little creepy... yipes!

Jen said...

delivery room??? what happened?

Kate said...

Poor Nat! Hope Jessie decides to come to WA for her sake. :)

Anonymous said...

It's so great that you caught the reaction on camera. hahaha She is so sweet.

t said...

This is by far the most priceless blog ever due to the most perfect rendering of Natalie ever. That girls precious little heart is going to shame us all over the years. I just hope we're ready to keep up with her!