Monday, October 6, 2008

Murphy's law and good karma

I was thinking to myself on our way out of Costco this evening that I had good Costco karma today. We had dinner with Larry, got a few last minute items before we leave, and walked right up and unloaded my cart without waiting. And the kids even behaved for our afternoon of errands.
Fast forward to 7pm this evening. This kids are upstairs playing and I'm downstairs doing yet another load of laundry (trying to keep the mountain down so I don't come home to mildewy clothes ya know) and decided to throw in the jeans that I was wearing since I want to pack them for our trip. I hesitated for a moment, then decided that it was a fine idea, I'd just run upstairs in my underwear and throw my lounge pants on.
The second I start the washing machine my doorbell rings. No, I'm not joking or exaggerating. I'm downstairs in my underwear and am frantically looking for something to put on. I finally find a pair of Larry's swim trunks (that don't fit me in the ass, thankyouverymuch) and squeeze into them just in time to run up and answer the door before my children (also in their underwear) open the door.
It was my neighbor delivering the cookie dough that Larry bought from her for her volleyball team.
I tell ya, my last name must have been Murphy in a previous life.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Hehehe, doesnt that happen to all us mommies.