Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Larry might kill me

This morning my friend Chris is bringing over her 4 month old daughter, Lizzie, so that I can watch her for a few hours while Chris volunteers in her son's classroom.
I just might be watching Lizzie much more this fall, when Chris returns to work (reluctantly!) and she gave me one of the nicest compliments ever. She said she didn't know anyone else that she would entrust her daughter to (since her parents had to move to the peninsula). I am a little intimidated about having to care for a baby again, it's been a few years and I've checked that part of my life off (the having babies thing). But I'm excited to spend some time with her, and the best part? She goes home with mommy after just a few hours! I like babies that do that.
Oh, and why would Larry kill me? I forgot to tell him that they were going to be here at 8:30 this morning. I think he'll be a little shocked to hear a baby crying (maybe) from the other room!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Those are the best kind of babies! The ones you can snuggle and love on and then give back to their mommas! You'll do fine and I'm sure will be a huge source of comfort to your friend when she goes back to work (if you end up watching the baby).