Thursday, October 2, 2008

Stuck on the ant hill

I live at the top of a hill. There are basically 2 ways to get down from here to participate in the rest of our lives.
I am stranded.
To the right if I leave, I am stuck in a 1/2 mile lineup on the Mt. Baker Highway. They chose the first week of fall to begin their road widening project (these workers enjoy working in rain, wind and dark apparently).
To the left I get stuck on the side road because the traffic is so backed up on the main road that we can't even enter it. The development of these condo units is in heavy production (regardless of our real estate and stock market situation. At least the condo development gave me a peek-a-boo view of the bay).
If I try to take the long way and drive around the lake, I am stopped yet again as they finish the road widening and sidewalk project over there. The wait is considerably shorter, but I'm travelling in the opposite direction that I need to go.

And to top it off, when I woke this morning (at 7:15) the sun hadn't risen yet. The dark is coming. Soon it will be dark at 4:00pm. And wet.

I can't wait to go to SoCal next week.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I feel your pain. Why in God's green acre they ever approved all these road/construction projects to be done AT THE SAME TIME is beyond me but I was PISSED yesterday when I was trying to get out to our house! It's like they've plugged every single road. Fortunately, the Silver Beach area is done now - but even that is pretty slow.

SO frustrating.

And don't even get me started on the weather. It's like the weather said, Oh it's October now? Let there be Darkness and Rain! ARGHHH! Take me with you to Cali! PLEASE!

Brooke said...

Im coming with you....