Thursday, October 16, 2008

too tired to post

I have some great photos/video from Sea World today, but I need to go to bed!
But some random thoughts:
-Had deja-vu today when we stopped at the exact same Chevron and Coffee Bean that we stopped at 5 years ago when we took Brady to the Zoo..
-Had a incessant romantic feeling every time we drove by a beach name from a Beach Boys song (Doheny, Laguna, etc.)
-Thought of my brother when we drove through Dana Point (his life was saved/changed there).
-Thought of my dear friend Rach as we drove through Mission Viejo and past Laguna beach where we spent our senior year spring break. I love that she loved the same kind of vacation I did/do: Lay on the beach. Every day. Period.
-Laughed a little when Natalie began sobbing uncontrollably for not being able to pet Shamu. She really wants to pet a whale in her lifetime(it was her wish for a reward for potty training... almost 2 years ago!)
-She also wanted to pet the sharks.
-We forgot our tickets to Sea World... I didn't realize this until we were IN San Diego. That was an expensive mistake.
-We had the shittiest breakfast ever at IHOP this morning.
-We found an awesome hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant for dinner (Don Chuy's).
-When they say you're in the "soak zone", they mean it.
-Natalie got Nursemaid's elbow again today. Larry was playing with the kids, swinging them over certain bricks in the sidewalk (you know the game: "one, two, three, JUMP!") We were in the ER 2 Easter's ago for this...
-I saw a fine specimen FeMullet today, tried to sneak a picture but it's pretty obscure. A FeMullet of this caliber is a rare find in the wild, we were fortunate just to see it in person. I dubbed her Larry's girlfriend (and the conversation went downhill from there).
-We met a family from Arlington today too.
-My tan in coming along nicely, thanks for asking.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Man! You are having the FULL California adventure! I'm so stinkin' jealous.

Bring some sun back with you, k?

Anonymous said...

Aawww Heather!!!!! That was a fun trip. And, that is still how I like to vacation. I would like to live like that. ;O)