Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I just finished voting

and I feel a little better now. Today is c o l d, but sunny and beautiful, we never made it to Sehome yesterday, maybe we'll make it to Memorial park today, they have good leaves to jump in.
I had to pause for a moment and admire my wonderfully tan hands... I know it's a fleeting beauty, but I'll soak it in before the rain and cold washes it away. *Sigh*
Bunco party tonight here... I've got to dig my costume out so I can greet my guests in style. I've also got to get crackalackin on the housekeeping, as I have been lax on that aspect! Oh and make sugar cookies with the kids, go to an office meeting (learning more about lasik eye surgery), and a bazillion other things before 7pm need to be done.
But I've done my good deed for the week too. Remember my expensive mistake (did I tell you?) about driving all the way to San Diego only to realize that we'd left the tickets sitting on the kitchen counter? Well they expire soon, and so I Craigslisted them and I ended up donating them to a San Diego "boys club", that provide activities and basic needs to low-income families and more recently the hurricane victims. So hopefully these will put a smile on some more children's faces, I know my kids had a hoot there, I'm glad our mistake can make another family happy.
And I voted. Have you? (I know it's 2 weeks before the election, but Whatcom county is an absentee county so I don't have to "go to the polls". )

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Good for you missy! I am sure some lucky kids will have a blast there! Look forward to tonight! And yeppers, I voted!!!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic. It wasn't a costly error after all ..... it was a costly gift that will be greatly appreciated by another. Good for you! Hope the kids have fun playing in the leaves.
We've got plenty of them here in the friggedly cold (snow flurry were in the forecast for early this morning - I wasn't up early enough to know whether we had them or not).

Lyndie said...

Welcome back! I loved following you through your adventures in CA! Sorry about the tickets left behind, but what a great outcome. Way to go.

By the way... why didn't you bring the warm back?