Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh! Two tidbits from Universal

I almost forgot to tell you that I saw Ed Begely Jr., who Larry still isn't sure who I'm talking about and I also saw a mother/daughter from the show "Showbiz moms and dads" or some godawful show like that... I made the connection (they looked vaguely familiar) when I heard and saw the mothers behavior.
We were at the animal show (where the animal actors do a little presentation) and we were sitting in the second row (the first row is painted blue and reserved for people with disabilities). The theatre was filling up, and apparently mommy dearest really wanted her daughter up front, you know, in case a child was called on stage for a demonstration (they were and darling daughter wasn't chosen "It looks like they were looking for an older, bigger child this time dear" like we were on a casting call). But here is the kicker: I watch her looking for a spot to sit, and she says to her child "There aren't this many handicaps here today, so we can just sit here." I couldn't help but give her stink eye then and there and several other times, as well as telling Larry very loudly just what she said (I pointed too). I mean seriously? You showed up late to the show and think that you are entitled to a front row spot because the people that need your seat haven't shown up yet? Oh, and yes the blue row did fill up that afternoon... she just kept squeezing down on the corner desperately clinging to her front row seat. Which, by the way, the trainers usually don't pick from the front row, because, uh, most people sitting there are physically unable to jump on stage and do animal stunts easily.
This lady has really stuck in my craw. Most people fall into "ignorant idiot" or "unaware" but to purposely be so despicable? I wanted to trip her on the way out, because you know simple education or a "excuse me, go sit up in the bleachers with the rest of us, you mistakenly sat here" because she did it on purpose! And she saw nothing wrong, regardless of how uncomfortable I made her with my stink-eye.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Ha! I wish I could have been there to see that! I dislike nasty people!

Rozzbin said...

Me too. We could have given her the TRIPLE stink eye! I feel sorry for her kid.

rebecca said...

good for you Heather. To bad your kids can't throw up on command, how funny would that of been.

BYT LOVE your blog banner! Is Disneyland decorected for Halloween all month long???

Unknown said...

You're obviously obsessed by this blog thing. I think it's starting to be a real problem. I noticed that the new front page photo has been edited a little. When do you have time to do this while on vacation?

Oh, you should probably hurry back. Dilation land is here. Midwife said, "I'll see you next week--if not before."

I'm glad you're having fun though! Some excellent pictures.

Carly

Anonymous said...

Great family photo. And, I love the Overheard At The Allred Household quote from yesterday. hahaha That is hysterical.