Thursday, December 18, 2008

10 Inches


We had 10 inches of snow today, and the kids were outside (actually Natalie moved into each neighbors house for an extended visit. Every time their kid would go inside to warm up, so would Natalie. She just worked her way around the cul-de-sac.) Being housebound, I cleaned our office that was quickly becoming a dumping ground. If I didn't clean it, I was afraid it would be lost forever.
The kids helped me make my mice (they were supposed to be for Natalie's pageant today, but school was cancelled) and I made some more Christmas candies for neighbors and service people.
I watched The Wedding Planner today with J-Lo and Matthew McConahey(sp?). Lousy. But it's one of those lousy movies that you end up watching on days like today.
I also made a mama and baby yarn octopus, my first yarn creation. The children were arguing over who the octopi belonged to, so I guess that means they like it. Or they were bored and ran out of things to argue about...
The little mice that will never be... I'm so bummed I don't get to watch Natalie's pageant this year :( I'm sure these mice will find someone to love though (your brunch, Jen?)

We are very popular with the little winter birdies (our cat Violet was engrossed in their behavior and tried to launch an attack when one bird bumped into our window and knocked himself silly. Violet knocked herself silly trying to catch him through the sliding glass door!) I finished the "gratitude" tins for my office's dinner party on Monday. It's like valentines for grownups, each person has to write a nice sentiment to each co-worker and drop it in our tins. I thought after recent happenings, we could use a little team building. And it always feels good to have your ego stroked a little bit. And it's nice to sit down and think of one specific thing that you appreciate about people you spend 40 hours (ok 12 for me) a week with.

**Oh my god, is my blog title a VanHalen, about My Big 10-inch? Who sings that? Oh geez...

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I think its the Hansons that sing that. ;-)

t said...

Love the gratitude tins. Upon reflection,maybe snow days happen so we can get caught up on housework now and then.

Jen said...

I will always take chocolate! I'm a lil worried our numbers will be low this year with the weather but you guys are in walking distance! no excuses.

Erin said...

Uh, is it just me, or do your mice look a bit like daschounds (sp?)

Can't wait to see you guys Sunday!!

Kate said...

K, I was stuck at home and I didn't get near as much done. I'm a bad snow-day person.