Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's cookie season!

Peppermint Vanilla Butter Cookies Holiday Biscotti (cranberry and pistachio)
Larry hard at work on our A-frame (he went to the store to buy powdered sugar to add "snow" for the kids. aww)
Natalie made a gingerbread house today at school too. She and Brady annihilated it moments after this photo was taken.

I volunteered my master baking skillz up to Josh's school for their fundraiser. Last weekend I sat with Tracy and a very sullen "I'm sick" Josh "ohmigod, you're embarrassing me mom!" at the Holiday Craft fair at the old Fountain Drug store. They were selling almond roca, sugar cookies, brownies, snickerdoodles, and a couple other things. They were all so yummy, they kept selling out! So I said I'd help the cause, because I can't donate my time. I wasn't going to post a picture of what I made because I planned on making more to give away. But I thought if you saw the pictures of my creations, I might get kissed up to a little bit more and give my ego a workout ;)
And last night I bought a Trader Joe's gingerbread house, it is super cute and only $7.99. Larry and the kids made it and I snapped a few photos before popping 2 hydrocodone (?) and 3 Tylenol p.m.'s. It didn't work as quickly as I had hoped, but was working well when my alarm went off this morning and I kept working the alarm into a dream so I could turn it off. I woke up 13 minutes before I was supposed to be across town. Nice one, it's not like I only work 12 hours a week, you'd think I could get there on time!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Mmmm...those cookies look DELISH! And I'm so jealous of your gingerbread creations. We've done one every year...was going to skip it this year due to the REAL home building, but maybe we can squeeze it in.

Stefanie said...

Any chance you could post the recipe or email me the recipe for the peppermint vanilla cookies?:)

t said...

HOLY smokes those are lovely looking, and you know often I eat a cookie... THank you SO SO MUCH for helping!