Monday, December 22, 2008

Kyoto Steak House

Vickie wearing her White Elephant gift.
Our onion volcano.
Spencer and his new lady, Janet. Larry didn't want to take a picture with me for some reason. He said I embarrass him. Isn't your natural instinct when you see a camera and chop sticks is to make walrus tusks? Maybe it's just me...
That's where we had my office Christmas party tonight (it's the Bellingham version of Benihana). Spencer and Larry took care of an entire bottle (and some) of Sake (gag) and got the other husbands in on it too. Everyone had a hoot opening their white elephant gifts (my co-workers know how to do it... bad!) There was a pooping and grunting pig, a giant pumpkin decoration, a Seahawks key chain that shouts things, a brain squishy ball, and I brought a sponge shaped like a microphone so you can sing in the shower. It was a very fun evening, lots of laughter and good conversation. I ate my whole dinner with my chop sticks I brought everyone their "affirmation tin" and everyone truly seemed to appreciate the gesture. Here is what my co-workers had to say about me:
-Heather, You are fun, I enjoy your sense of humor and that you are down to earth.
-Heather, You have been a great friend and there for me when I needed you. Thank you.
-Heather, I am here to thank you fro all of your help and willingness to teach me when I have a question, and always with a pleasant response and your wonderful sense of humor.
-Heather, you are such a gifted and creative person. I am thankful for all of your help.
-Heather, you have been one of the most stabilizing factors in the office.

On the way home from dinner (Thank you Erin for watching the kids, we really appreciate it!) Larry buzzed over to the high school parking lot and did some donuts (men and their 4-wheel drive) and then he and B decided that they couldn't leave the hill un-sledded (it's been well used, just not by us). We ran home to get snow gear and sleds (well, Natalie and I grabbed a Christmas CD and a blanket, we were NOT participating in sledding at 9:30pm). The boys made several runs at varying degrees of steepness and had a great time pelting the truck with snowballs. Natalie and I snuggled and sang along to Miss Piggy et al on the John Denver and the Muppets.
Not long after we arrived I noticed a couple of very large snow "drawings". Someone had walked around and drew a huge smiley face with "Merry Xmas" under it. It had to be 20 feet around. Then I noticed something to the right of the smiley face. It was about the width of a football field (width, not length). I smiled. I asked Larry if he saw it. "What, the big figure 8?" I said "No, those are two circles, keep looking." And he did, then he got that "Aww, man!" look and smiled. Someone had walked out a giant penis and balls, circumcised I might add. Nice.

4 comments:

t said...

#1. Vickie looks adorable
#2. Is it just me or is Larry continuing to get ridiculously thin?
#3. Why are the penile abstracts becoming a theme this holiday season?
Tsk Tsk!

Anonymous said...

Now that's the holiday spirit! hahaha You guys too. :)

Jen said...

you make a cute walrus! Larry's face is priceless!

Kate said...

Ha ha! You're so cute. :) Glad you got some nice feedback from your co-workers. That's always a plus.