Tuesday, December 16, 2008

lots of mileage today

So after all my fears (which were a little bit just trying to get out of my neighborhood, but then was kind of annoyed at how clear the rest of the city is compared to us) I got out and about with the kids in tow just fine.

First we headed over to Jen's home to have a cookie exchange which was very fun, but short-lived as Natalie had school at 11:00. We scored several different kinds of goodies and dashed Natalie across town to school. Then we headed over to see Carly and Huggins (with the intent to go to Target together, but then I remembered I didn't have enough time or money) so we just gave them a plate of goodies, and came back home just in time for Brady to go to school and for me to get a call from work insisting that I come in. NOW.

There was a big change that happened at work today, and as sad as I am for Spencer to have had to make this decision, I told him that we all supported this change and that we all understand how hard it was for him. He was so upset about it, but sometimes mixing friendships with business can be painful. But, the rest of the staff (minus the one change) are excited to begin 2009 with a fresh start and a positive, productive work environment!

Here are a couple pictures from our "hike" yesterday at Whatcom Falls Park. We went there to feed the ducks, but left the bread on the counter... hate that.





5 comments:

Jen said...

nice pics! Is work good for you?

t said...

Yay for new beginnings!

Jen said...

I like the weather info! Could you add school closures? Oh no, I can figure that out. AM kindergarten cancelled for the rest of winter!

Jackie said...

Oh how cute you all are :) P.s. my mailman was wearing shorts yesterday - it was 9 degrees and with the wind chill negative something BUT he did manage to have his stocking hat and snow boots on!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures!