Saturday, December 13, 2008

One Year Old







The kids and I met Tracy downtown for dinner and theatre tonight. She planned on coming over afterwards to jump in the hot tub, but decided against it because it was snowing down south. Poo-poo, I thought.



We ate at LaFiamma (good pizza, but disappointed once again in the service) and cruised over to watch The Velveteen Rabbit (our Christmas gift from Tracy). It was a very sweet play, the kids enjoyed it and Natalie ran into a couple of her friends, Regan and Isabella, and Brady found his classmate T.J. there as well.



When we entered the theatre there wasn't any snow, and when we left there was 2 inches on the ground! I panicked a little bit, because my van is a turd in the snow, and no it's not just my driving. We dropped Tracy back off at her car and after 45 minutes I was at the Barkley Haggen and my windshield wipers had frozen so my range of vision was quickly diminishing. Larry had just gotten off of work, so he met us there and I abandoned the Odyssey and we piled in the truck. There were 12 cars disabled on Barkley hill alone, besides the dozen or so I passed getting as far as I did. But I decided to concede to the snow at Haggen, my van has NEVER made it up our neighborhood hill in the snow in the 41/2 years we've lived here.



Home safe and sound, the animals are all snuggled in, and the weather channel is on. I guess this means I don't get to go scrapbooking tomorrow :(

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Lucky you! nothing up here but severely cold wind

t said...

man, thank goodness I hadn't parked up at your place. What I like about our mutual experiences is seeing how they come out different in the blogs!
thanks for a fun night ;)