Saturday, December 20, 2008

Never in all my days on this earth have I seen such a thing!

Me and my girl. Photo by Brady.

Brady told Santa something, but I didn't catch what he wished for.
Part of Santa's entourage.

I thought an old lady quote would work nicely with what we (and many others) experienced today.
I HAD to get out of the house and get some food and hopefully some last minute items for Christmas. The newscaster said if you were going to go out, go today. So we did. The van maintained very well and we made it just fine to Fred Meyer. Then we waited 15 minutes to get into the parking lot. We stalked a couple to their car and got their parking spot and trudged in. I dragged a shopping cart through the snow (so much fun) and I'm glad I did because there wasn't a cart to be seen in the vestibule. I had to deposit a check at the bank, so I put my grocery sacks in my basket and made Brady stand guard over our cart (2 reasons to be thankful. 1. the bank has glass windows so I could watch Brady and 2. my son is old enough to be farmed out for these sort of responsibilities.)

We were at Freddies for 2 1/2 hours. And I just got some basics. The kids were frazzled and starving, so I let mommy guilt kick in and braved it over to the golden arches to redeem myself (I picked up a People mag for myself to read while they played). The problem was it took us 45 minutes to drive the 1.5 miles to McDonalds, and Natalie fell asleep (or was it all the exhaust fumes???) so I told B that once we got there it would have to be a drive-thru deal since I was not interested on staying out past dark and I still had my hill to battle. He was cool with that and we made it home without incident, but the kids have been unruly since.

Thank goodness we're going to Jen's tomorrow, Brady needs to work some boy energy off like you wouldn't believe. Feed us or not, Jen, we're coming over! I hope you make it home from the great white north safely, eh!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I made the mistake of going to the mall yesterday and I wanted to shoot myself. It took me 40 minutes just to get from the Target parking lot to Meridian.

t said...

dude! thank god we survived with half our wits intact. eff shopping!

Jen said...

I've got food for 50!

Brooke said...

I dont know how you did it! We sat in traffic for an hour from Horton to the St Joes the other day! Thought I would pull my hair out. Remaining presents will be bought at Rite aid or safeway this year for the rest of my family! HAHAHAHAHAH

Jen said...

love the christmas tree montage pics. Will be so sweet to look back on in a few years!