Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Full plate

Kate thinks I helped her out today, but I actually welcomed the distraction for the kids. Today my friend Kate got to move into her built-with-their-own-hands house. I got Sam and Zoe. It's perfect, Sam and Brady are both 6, and Zoe and Natalie are both 3. It's easy. It lets me pick up some schtuff and do some laundry in between snacks.
I have hosted for the past couple of years "New Years at Noon" for the MOMS Club. So that means that my house that is knee deep in crapola from being held hostage by the snow for 2 weeks needs to be picked up (I had to sacrifice the kids rooms, and mine) and make snacks (no food in the house), and come up with a craft (I got a couple in mind).
So after the Rankin kids left, we went to Costco (I bought a whole pizza for my kids so I don't have to cook for them for the next couple of days. Nice parenting, huh?) got supplies for a craft as well as the basics (milk, gogurt, cheerios, raspberries & blueberries...). Oh, and I got my tires rotated. I also had to pick up some oats to make my boss, Spencer, Oatmeal Raisin cookies for tomorrow. He's a New Years Eve birthday baby. I always thought that it would suck to have that birthday. Everyone has plans. And you can't get reservations anywhere. So anyway, those are his favorite cookies so I'm making some and freezing some cookie dough too (since he's a bachelor) so he can make a few at a time. And they have to be done tonight since I have to drag my kids to work at 8am for an office meeting. Let's hope my children take a nap tomorrow. Cuz mommy's gonna need one herself!

2 comments:

Rozzbin said...

Hmmmmmm, how old is Spencer? It is my birthday today too. And..yes it sucks.

Kate said...

Yes, you DID help me out. Tremendously. You're an angel and as soon I can dig out my house, I'll return the favor. :)

Thanks again Heather!