Saturday, June 28, 2008

Boxx Berry Farm

We headed out this morning to meet Rebecca and Griffin out at the berry farm. Luckily, my mom was just getting off of work and could meet us there too. The kids helped pick berries (13 pounds), and then we headed back to the barn where the kids rode on the mini-tractors, ate strawberry sundaes, and took a tractor tour of the farm where we got to eat carrots fresh out of the ground (yum).

Brady's attitude problem followed us there, but it seemed to be tamed by eating strawberries off the vine, and ice cream. And a couple of tractor rides never hurts.

Fun afternoon, didn't compound my sunburn, and now we're home trying to find ways to cool off! I will not complain, I'm happy the heat is here!

Brady brought his dumptruck to pick his berries into (he's done this every season).
Natalie showing off her "strawberry belly". She normally does not have a pot belly, it was full of berries (see it poking over the edge of her shorts?)
Natalie and her first-time ever pigtails (she finally let me do it, and I LOVE IT!)
Brady said the tractor driver was chasing him and Griffin, they were the last two tractors on the line, and the driver does a 360 "chasing" the end units. He was in heaven.
The kids ready for take off.
Grandma Sue and Natalie Sue on the farm tour (see mom? I can photoshop out strawberry stains!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day! Your mom looks great!!!

Erin said...

I love that photo of Brady with his berries, that's super cute! So happy!

Erin