Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day roundup

Our flag (it was flag day yesterday, you know)

Woke up this morning and the boys slept in... Nat a I made blueberry pancakes and served breakfast in bed for Lar (there's a first time for everything). He ooohed and ahhed over his cards and loves his new sunglasses. I got him a pair with 3 interchangeable lenses: polarized grey, golf tint, and hi-vis (yellow). He tried out the grey and golf today.



He spent the entire day building his climbing wall on the side of our house (I just close my eyes and pretend it's not happening). So I took a nap and then read a magazine and 2 catalogs on the back deck while the kids played in the back yard with him. It was one of the nicest Father's days I've ever had.



Then we decided to head over to the Sehome Arboretum and look for a particular boulder called "the brain". We hiked all over the hill (and Brady took a stick to the butt, he's got a nice raspberry on his right cheek) and never found it. Unitl. We were walking back down to our vehicle and Larry spotted it up above us. B and L scrambled back up the hillside to inspect it, while Natalie and I discussed buttercups. It turns out we both like butter.



Dinner at Boomer's Drive-in and home again. I just got out of a nice hot shower, and the kids are ready for bed. My Fathers day was grade A. And I still hear Larry with the drill down below...

(P.S. There aren't any photos yet because Larry did something fancy to the camera and now the photos won't download. I think I took some photos in RAW format, and have to convert them to JPEG. Don't wait for it to happen...)

3 comments:

Kate said...

A climbing wall? Wow, you're like a regular REI over there! You'll have to start charging admission, and make people sign a safety waiver... And won't you look sexy in one of those crotch halter-strappy things? :)

Brooke said...

Sounds fantastic! We had the power drill going as well in the back yard. They have built a house in the big tree in the backyard. Not sure if its for the kids or an escape for Dad.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. Happy Father's Day to Larry!