Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ran ourselves ragged!

We woke up Saturday and hit the ground running. Or walking briskly. We joined hundreds of fellow 'hamsters at the Human Race. We walked to raise money for ARC of Whatcom County and the Whatcom Volunteer Center. This was Natalie's first race, but Brady and I have walked in it a few times. Brady was the poster child for it several years ago. The Herald took a photo of a co-workers husband holding little Brady, and it showed up the next year as their advertising. Let's just say it got some laughs from the Costco crew, about just who Brady's daddy is!

Couldn't find my camera to take pic's of the event, although it was uneventful. My children lazed in the stroller while I pushed them. Their attitudes were terrible when we arrived, but were fresh and happy when we crossed the finish line.

Then we walked back up the hill and stopped at the Children's Museum for an hour or so (it was "free" day, it normally costs $10.50 for the three of us). Pried the kids away from there with the promise of kettle corn at the Farmers Market. Once again, they chose to laze in the stroller while they munched on the sugary goodness that is Market Kettle Corn. I treated myself to 3 new pairs of earrings, after realizing that I don't really have a nice selection of earrings. I have a lot of ONE earring, but very few pairs ( I still have my vacuum bag that I need to gut because I'm pretty sure I sucked up a nice earring.)

After the market, we went to Great Harvest Bread and then up to Freddie's. Loaded up on groceries (again), with specific ingredients to try out some recipes from my Cooks Illustrated. I made some Sangria from their Grilling and Entertaining issue, and oh, baby. Sneaky stuff.

Then, after all the groceries were unloaded, the children fed, and the sangria made, we headed to Natalie's Premier Performance. It was so stinkin cute!! Brady even got to participate at the end, and he was quite good himself (he was blessed with natural rhythm).

Natalie stretching out with Kaia.

Brady, Natalie, and her fren Erin watching the dance troupe.

Intermission (Natalie was relentless in monopolizing Kaia's attention.)


I bought Natalie a small bouquet at the market and gave it to her and them took them down to Sirena's Gelato for a post-performance celebration. I think they liked re-filling their water cups at the dispenser more than the gelato though, those two probably drank 3 glasses of water!

Poor Natalie fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, but Brady was up for marathon snuggling lasting until 10:30. Glad today is a day of rest and fun!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! You had a busy day!

rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun day; next weekend I am going to call you up and see what you are doing your life is so much funner (is that a word) than mine.

Jen said...

I'm sure Natalie was adorable and all that formal training at the Rainbow Academy was so worth it!