Friday, June 13, 2008

Lame Day

I got up early this morning to drive the scooter (love it) down to my foot doc for a check up. My orthotics are working well, and he likes my new Mizuno walking shoes ("the heel cup is just the right size for women"). Then, he gave me another cortisone injection into the side of my foot to "knock this puppy out". Thank goodness they freeze your foot to the point of pain, so that you don't really feel the needle journeying to the center of your foot.

Then the kids ditched me for the entire day. So I laid around and watched The Freshman with Marlon Brando and Matthew Broderick from 1990. And then at 3:30 I remembered that I had another doctors appointment to refill my migraine meds. Except that my appointment was at 2:30. Apparently I couldn't be bothered to move off the couch to walk by the calendar and remember that.

I did get my African Violets re-potted, they were in terrible shape, and I've had them for 10 years; they must thrive on abuse and neglect.

And when we got home tonight there was a message on the machine for Natalie... she has been invited to "perform" tomorrow night at the Firehouse Performance Theatre in Fairhaven. They need little girls, so they were drawing from her dance class. I'm totally taking her. Deep down, I think I might be a showbiz mom. Hopefully I'd never make it on one of those reality shows. I like to think I'm helping her find her passion, and right now it seems to be being the center of attention. What I'd really like would be that she discovers Volleyball (and keeps her dad's height). And she's so cute, she could be the next Gabby Reese. And Brady loves golf, I would love to retire and let Brady support our family as a Tour Pro on the PGA.

And right before bed, fresh out of the tubby, my kids actually look like they love each other! I get very few shots where there is love shown between them. Brady has never forgiven me for having Natalie (just like I never forgave my mom for having Rich. Payback's a bitch.)


Off to the Human Race tomorrow, and to finish all the errands that didn't get done today (because my children wouldn't come home.)

0 comments: