Saturday, June 7, 2008

Opening Night


The boys taking a moment at the edge of the field before the girl-chase resumes.

The Belles got walloped last night, not that I really saw any of the game. I don't think the boys stopped once to notice that there was an organized activity going on. They were busy being chased by girls. And Natalie was busy making 3 little boys follow her wherever she went. Bending them to her will.
I can't believe that this my life already. My kids are running around with their friends (as far away from me as possible) while I sit on the blanket with an afghan on my legs. Toss me a knitting project and put the final nail in.
There were fireworks after the game (that's why Erin and I agreed to take the kids) and then after that they let all the kids on the field to run the bases. At 10pm. And hundreds of kids were out there, I couldn't believe they still had energy to do that. Our kids must have done 4 or 5 laps around the bases before they chased everyone out. And Brady had to stand on the pitchers mound for a moment or two.
So I put my kids to bed in the clothes they wore to the game, along with their filthy little feet. Looks like there will be baths and laundry to do this morning!



Watching the fireworks (note there isn't any snuggling of the mommies here? It was c-o-l-d too!)

0 comments: