Friday, June 20, 2008

Off to Leavenworth!

So I awoke this morning at 6:45 (thankew Natalie), and have still not finished all there is to do. Oh well. And yesterday was a butt kicker too. We'll start there.

Yesterday I awoke at 7 and drove my car to The Panacea to get an oil change before heading over the pass. The problem with this is that they were squeezing me in, meaning I had to leave the van there. So I walked/jogged home the 1.5 miles, got myself and Brady dressed to take him to day camp and me to work.

Got home, just to watch Larry hop on the scooter and say "Somebody called. Your car is done." Wait! Take us in the truck and drop us off on your way to work!!!! Too late. So the kids piled into the stroller and we walked back the 1.5 miles to fetch the van. Didn't expect to get a workout in, but even though I resent Larry for leaving in a mad dash, I appreciate the unexpected exercise and chit chat with my kids that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Came home and had a visit from Carly, I think all of us felt happier after the visit (Carly included).

Off to Haggen to load up on groceries for the trip and take advantage of their 12 hour sale. I dropped the kids off at the play land, got a Grande Iced Americano with room ("do you want an extra shot for free?" Um. Duh.) Got to the far corner of the store when I hear "Heather, please return to playland". I know who it is and what he wants. He's like a dog. Every time I take him there, he feels the urge to go pee. Pick him up, let him pee, return him and head back to the corner of the store.

I get to the meat dept when I am called again. This time Natalie has to pee. Take care of her, and finish the marathon shop. I filled 2 shopping carts.

TODAY

After we spent the entire morning packing the van and doing laundry/dishes/fish tanks/garden tending/mowing/refrigerator cleaning, the kids and I went to Fairhaven park to meet my friend Chris and her newborn daughter, Lizzie. The kids had a great time and we didn't leave until 4:45 (got there at 1:15). Stopped at Yeagers to get a new tent (Larry ruined the old one. Long story) and a couple other last minute items. My mom met us there to help, as Natalie had fallen asleep and it was making tent shopping cumbersome.

Got our of Yeagers, and headed to Costco where I waited in line to spend $70.13 in gas. I limped into the store and picked up some dog food and itunes cards (needed some fresh music for the drive!) and of course, batteries.

I have no gas left in me to finish. I need a shower desperately. I fully intend on parking my butt in the lounge chair with my book this weekend and tannin my hide! See you next week!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Have a great trip! You've definitely earned some relaxation. And bring back some sun, will ya??

rebecca said...

Your going to my favorite place. Hope you have a wonderful time.