Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yeah... that sunshine that was here earlier?

Um... it's gone. In fact it was here right up until I walked out of Little Caesars with the kids "hot and ready". Then the grey returned. I'm so flippin ready for some heat. I cried on a patients "shoulder" today. He lives in Santa Barbara now, and he asked me how the weather was up here. Boy, did he get an ear full. And my MIL is in Lakewood right now too. I'm sure she's not missing us up here.


So we braved the weather (because I went to the effort to pack our picnic bag and make dinner. OK, so I drove over to Little Caesars. But I did slice up a cantelope and some veggies.) And my children did run around in the sprinklers for about 5 minutes. Then there was this little guy who loved to steal pizza bones.



And the Brady found the older kids. I hate it when he plays with older kids. It starts out nice, but soon he becomes "it", or they take his hat and toss it around the playground making him chase it (which he innocently thinks is a real game). So I took Natalie to the bathroom (my mom met us for a slice of cantelope) and scooted as soon as we returned as my mom said things were quickly deteriorating in the big kid/little boy dynamic.


Oh, and on a side note I have to bitch a little. I bought a pair of sunglasses for Larry for Fathers Day at work. Everyone knew that they were going to be his Fathers Day gift, I made no secret about it. So they arrived today and I went and picked them up and they are great. Then I look at the box, and my manager wrote the price of it in big, giant, sharpie. Like, you couldn't have just told me the cost, or maybe put it on a post-it note? But no, she had to write all over the box, the box that I was giving as a gift. I might say something. But sometimes I feel like if I say something, she'll snap. Grrrr.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a cat?