Saturday, June 28, 2008

NW Summer

It arrived yesterday. So the kids and I packed up and headed to Lake Whatcom to spend the day enjoying it. We met up with Kate and her kiddo's, and the 4 kids got along great, which made Kate and my agenda much easier to achieve.

Our agenda was to chit-chat while we soaked up the rays. We don't get too many of these days, so we were both desperate to do away with our pasty white legs and look like healthy human beings for a couple of months.

Our Northwest roots got the better of us. Both of my shoulders are tomato red along with the left side of each calf. So that's going to look nice when the burn fades. Half-pasty, half-brown.

But on the upside, my hands and feet are a beautiful shade of brown, just how I like me.

I think I'll use the kids sunblock today at the strawberry patch...