Friday, January 25, 2008

Cool Find

I'm too lazy to get the camera out right now to show you my new desk. I decided to take the kids to the RE-Store after school today (it's like where all the junk from restorations and tear-downs go... old cabinets, sinks, toilets, instutional chairs, church pews, etc.) so made the mistake of calling it the "junk yard" so that the kids knew what I was talking about. I was looking for a slatted tri-fold door or something to use for a background for some Valentines pictures, but no luck. Then I saw this little gem... it came in yesterday. An old metal, desk. Just the right size workspace for me to scrapbook on. And it was $48. SOLD. So "Jack" helps me load it up (with his knee high lace-up boots and pink bandana around his neck) but we load it upside down. Which means the pricetag is under there. So they ask me "How much, do you remember?" And I answer, as the eternal guilt-ridden honesty that I have aquired (most of the time) "It was like $48.90." He looks at me "For this, no." Like I'm pulling on over on him! So I say "Here, I'll flip the damn thing and you tell me what it says" So I did, and he says "It says $40 sumthin, the rest is fuzzy." So they sell it to me for $40 flat. Go figure. And they help me get it into the van, where it still sits because I haven't worked up to telling Larry. He'll just roll his eyes at me anyway. But still, best to get it in the house, then make a "presentation".

Brady (and Nat) have asked me 3 times since this afternoon if we can go back to the "junk yard". We've found ourselves a new pitstop.

Oh, he just finished drilling my holes for the pantry, got to go!

0 comments: