Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Excuse to eat Sourdough bread

I L-O-V-E Sourdough bread, the tangy-er the better. So I found a recipe in my new Cooks Illustrated" mag for Clam Chowder. Oh, baby. Now, chowder isn't my favorite of the bowl meals, but guess what you can pour it into (and they were on sale for 99 cents at Haggen)? Mini sourdough balls. So I dug them our and poured my surprisingly delicious chowder into them. Very classy. That being said while my ENTIRE pantry is laid out in my kitchen. I decided that I'd had it with the broken shelf pegs that were stopping me from putting my groceries away. So I had $150 worth of groceries on the counter, then decided to pull everything out, get the pegs and go to Lowes and get new, more durable ones. I'm a real go-getter, right?

Well, I go-got the wrong diamater pegs. They're too big. But all the other ones were the same cheap pieces of junk that I had in my hand. So I've decided that Larry should drill out the holes for my new pegs to fit. Tonight, please. I went into his toolbox and found what-I-think-to-be the right size bit. I have a sinking feeling that this project could get a whole lot worse that it already is. I hate my pantry. Who has a 2500sq. ft. house (5 children used to live in this house) and then when it comes time to put in the pantry they think "This little 2x3 cubby hole should do the trick." Friggin morons. But they put some many wierd nooks and crannies in this house, it's not like we can put something in post-construction. If we wanted to do something it would requre a loan. A big loan.

Josh (my surrogate teen-age son) when I refer to him I call him "my teenager", anyway he got to spend the week with us. Or should I say we got to spend the week with him. He is such a cool kid for being a punk 17 year old. I don't worry about his future, he is just a good person on the whole. And B and N love "Gosh". Tonight Josh was giving B wet willies and taking turns giving both helicopter rides. It has been so cool watching him grow up.

0 comments: