Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update on Ma


Bellingham 2 days ago. Now we've got 4 inches of snow. Tomorrow it will probably be gone. Whatever.


Everything is fine with my mom, she just had an "ah-ha" moment in her relationship that made her make a decision to keep her health and happiness.

Her condo on Whidbey Island is on the market as of yesterday, and we have been having a good time "shopping" for new ones here in town. Of course we can't go look at anything with the 4 inches of snow on the ground, but we'll be busy when the snow melts.

So that is the basics of life with mom now. We'll enjoy our exclusive time with her and it will give us all a good base to form our "Bellingham" relationship, switching gears from living an hour away to down the street.

It is a little sad though, because my mom was my last real connection to Whidbey Island, my home town. I just don't have any real reason to just go down there anymore. Jackie, can I go visit your parents?

0 comments: