Monday, January 21, 2008

Thank you Migraine!



BEFORE




AFTER


Luckily the Migraine that started Friday afternoon stayed quiet until Sunday evening (it was one of those Migraines that just wasn't going to be happy until it got to be a full blown doozy, simple med's weren't going to make it go away). So I got to have the funnest weekend with some of the funnest women I know.

Friday night I went and played Bunco with 11 other women that always make me laugh (missed you Brooke!) and of course didn't win a damn thing. I have come to accept the fact that I am soley invited to play to add money to the pot. I am not invited to actually compete for any money/prizes. I had 5 Travels, someone had 8. I had 11 wins, someone had 12. Always.

Then Saturday I woke up buzzing with excitement! After my mom (thank you, thank you, thank you!) volunteered to spend the night with my monkeys (B & N) I took off to Blaine and prepared to greet 9 more friends at my in-laws summer home that they graciously offered to us. First thing I did was take a hot shower in the dual-headed shower. I could get used to that, "surround-sound" hot water. Then people started showing up. And my in-laws (who keep an immacualte home) home became the dumping ground for 10 giggling 30-something teenagers. Imagine food, sleeping gear, and scrapbooking crap times 10. We all laughed so hard all night and into the next day, and most of us got several scrapbook projects completed (we're very productive when we are without children and have some booze in us).

After the last guest left Sunday, I called to find out where the hubby and children were (still in Tacoma at Monster Jam) so I hopped into the giant jetted tub and read. I felt so indulgent.

With a tinge of sadness, I finally locked up the house and drove for home. But not only did I get to have an amazing weekend with my friends; I came home to a family that was refreshed from the break. The kids got to tell me all about swimming with Grandma (and dinner at Burger Me) and then told me all about what Monster Truck did what, who crashed ("Mom! Batman and Donkey Kong were there!" I have to know that these are Monster Trucks, not characters) and where dad took them to for dinner (Rainforest Cafe). So everyone came home with big smiles.

That's when Mr. Migraine said "I've stayed quiet long enough!" So I drifted to sleep full of Hydrocodone and Ketorlac and Excedrin...

Can't wait to do it again ;)

1 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry to hear your migraine finally caught up with you, but I'm so glad to hear you had such a great time! I'm so jealous! It was a perfect weekend, too, to stay indoors and scrap.