Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Sunset over Lummi

Natalie and I racing to the finish, 30 feet in the air!

Bellingham Bay, do you see why we love where we live?



I may be cheesy, but I am in love with my city. Heck the whole damn county and most of the state! I love Bellingham. I've loved it since middle school. Today we headed down to Boulevard Park to play with the camera (Larry bogarted the thing) and to do some maintenance on our Geocache "It's Tin, Man!" (I can tell you all about Geochaching if you'd like). It was so beautiful today, but so stinkin cold, too! But we still enjoyed our outing. We saw lots of interesting ducks, lots of cool dogs taking a walk/jog, 2 men practicing walking a tightrope, talked to a couple of sweet old men (I love talking to old people), and got a hot chocolate at the new Woods coffeehouse. Brady brought his scooter and Natalie brought her trike (which I didn't know she could ride until yesterday) and they did a couple runs on the slide. My only complaint is that Boulevard park has got the lamest playground ever. And it's looking a little run down. Maybe that's a sign that something is going to get revamped? Please?

3 comments:

Kate said...

I agree, I love this town too. I drive around almost daily thinking how much I love this place.

rebecca said...

I love the pic of you and N running! I love Bellingham the most when it's bone cold but the sun is out. So crisp and clean.

Lyndie said...

Hey! You're a Geocacher, too? We haven't been for a while - too damn cold - but the kids love to go "treasure hunting."