Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some Weird Things about Me

I pull at my eyebrows and eyelashes as a nervous habit.

I keep my toenails way too short.

I hold conversations with my husband while I'm unconcious, then we argue about the topic the next day.

I believe in Kharma, and try to live like "Earl" every day.

I rode 100 miles around Lake Tahoe in 2006 for my dad, and he helped me finish the last 5 miles. He died in 2001 from Leukemia.

I'm as stubborn as a mule.

I work best solo, my husband is a team player. You figure it out.

No matter how much I try to be a good homemaker, my house is still a pigsty (see above).

I love beer, I drank a lot of it in high school. I mean, once I turned 21 I enjoyed the occasional drink. Hi, mom!

I get Migraines.

I have Hypothyroid and have been on medication since I was 15, and will be on it for life.

I can't ride rollercoaster or shake my head without inducing a bout of vertigo. I lived with verigo for 3 months straight a couple of years ago. I saw some hippy voo-doo Cranio-sacral therapist who "blew" out my bad energy and hardly touched me (like fingertips only and only touch, no pressure) and my daily dizzies ceased. Now I have to trigger it.

I have a freakishly sharp memory. I remember the name of every teacher I had from K-12, and I remember the names of my band camp friends. I saw one a couple of years ago (I went to band camp in 1991) and scared him because I knew his first and last name, where he lived at the time we knew each other and what his mother said to me when I called him once. I can't help it. But I've learned to "ignore" people from my past for fear of frigtening them.

1 comments:

rebecca said...

Love learning about you! I think everyone should have a blog. You learn so much about a person. Your comment about your dad really touched me. It's amazing what our loved ones who are no longer here can do for us. Thnakfully they can still touch our lives.