Monday, January 14, 2008

New addition to the family

Yesterday we travelled to Burlington (we convinced ourselves it was for the lower tax rate, not because we couldn't wait 3 stinkin days for Bellingham Costco to get a shipment) and bought ourselves a Nikon D40X. I probably would have gone for the Canon, but thought I'd let Larry have the say in brand. And when we got there, the Nikon had a bigger accessory package and was $100 off this month. So I'm saying it for the first and last time; my husband was right. I think I need to go lay down now.

We both stayed up late watching the DVD's it came with and fantasizing what we would photograph with it. I took some unflattering photos of Larry (no, not dirty, just an old married couple late at night isn't a pretty thing.) So I fell asleep with thoughts about where I would take the kids today to play with my camera. And then I wake up to sustained 25 mph winds and rain. Crap. I'd have to clean my house to take indoor photos... debating if the camera's worth it. And I'd have to dress my naked children.

Yes, it's 1030am and they're still naked.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

can't wait to see the camera! I hope you bring on Saturday so I can drool all over it.

Kate said...

Congrats on your new toy! We'll have to go on photo expeditions together with our Nikons.