Monday, January 7, 2008

Perpetual Motion


I might title several of my entries that. I hit the ground running (ha, I knew you'd like that joke) with Natalie and I heading to the MOMS Club board meeting (did ya know I'm the prez? I'm real important). So the kids played while we hashed out a calendar and tried to brainstorm a way to save our group (participation is sucking).
Then I realized I had 10 minutes to get Natalie to school, her first day back. Made it just in time and Larry met me in the parking lot (he had to take B) and Natalie ran to the arms of Mrs. Thompson. Mrs. Thompson sent Natalie a postcard thanking her for the Starbucks gift card. Natalie has been carrying that postcard non-stop since, and even slept with it. Then she picks it up and "reads" it over and over. "Dear Nattie, Dankew (thank you) for the pesent (present) Wuv, Mrs. Thomson." So needless to say both kids were very happy to see their teachers and get back in the routine.
Then I ditched Lar to go have lunch with Mrs. Morris, aka Carly, aka our Nanny. She is trying to get knocked up and it's all that's on her mind, and I think it's completely adorable. I am a sucker for pregnant people and engaged people. I love to celebrate, and those kinds of people are the most fun to celebrate and go wacko over. You can't spoil them. I just want to suck up their joy and breathe it all in. So I love to talk about EVERY detail about being pregnant, and when to test to find out, etc. Love, love, love it.
Picked up Nat and headed to Theresa's house to drop off some hand me downs for Nate (Nate and Nat are 9 days apart, cute, huh?) and visit for a bit (trying to find a PT daycare, no leads from T)
Then home for an hour before packing up the kids and heading to Basketball practice! Brady is loving this sport, and the coaches are great (2 or 3 college age guys that really have fun with the kids). Then home again, to play, in the blink of an eye both kids were naked and fighting. Luckily Lar was home to help tag team bed time. It's so tiring to do the bed time routine by yourself for 2 kids 6 nights a week. Pull out the cheese for my whine. I love bedtime, I get to have time just to be with each kid, but the dang process takes 45 minutes. But they deserve that time, I'm just not great with routine, so it's a lot for me to do this everynight without getting lazy.
Satuday tomorrow... I hate Saturdays. Nothing to do and Larry works ALL day. Wait, tomorrow is Tuesday. Shit. Nevermind. Tuesdays are kind of lame too I guess if I thought it was Saturday.

Larry just said it's snowing. Ugh. Can't we go to SoCal yet?

1 comments:

t said...

I'm going to need you to email me a copy of that picture STAT. It's going to be my new background at work.