Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Soup's on... still

I have been making this damn soup since 4:00 today (that's 5 hours ago) and the stuff still has another step to go. This stuff better taste flippin' amazing. And the worst part? It's for a soup swap, so I'm only getting a little bit of it. I tell you what; there is no way I would go to this much effort for a regular pot of soup for my family. These women better write me love notes after they eat this stuff.

BTW, it's Black Bean soup. But from my new Cook's Illustarated (remember my clam chowder?) That stuff was pretty wonderful, so I figure I've got a winner here with the "Better Black Bean Soup". We'll see CI, we'll see.

*** I had to go work on the soup. And there were two more steps to go, but I made it! And it's pretty freakin' fantastic. I even took pictures. See? I swiped a spoonful from Larry's bowl (he won't be home for another 45 minutes, the sour cream will be all melty...) Now I have to make copies of the recipe! I think I'll just scan the page and call it good. Cheese and Rice (translation Jesus Christ) that was a marathon pot of soup! And there is only about 4 servings left for me (and the rest of the Allred clan) Oh, well. I also bought all the ingredients to make the Tortilla soup on the next page... I might never make it out of the kitchen!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

yummy, can i have a copy so I can make?

Lyndie said...

That looks so good!! I've been craving soup lately. My husband hates soup -- he thinks it's wrong to drink your dinner -- so I never make it, but nothing is better in the winter!!