Friday, January 4, 2008

Ugh...

I just found out that our full-time Optician gave his notice, we'll see if he makes it for the last 2 weeks. What a train wreck this guy is. I'm not sorry to see him go, though his leaving puts a strain on the rest of us in the office. I have a cryin' buddy at work, I tried to get her over here tonight to drink our sorrows away and celebrate good riddance. But she has a night job. I can't get nobody to drink these Smirnoff Grape drinks with me, and I've noticed that 2 are gone. Larry and his girlfriends ;) Poker girlfriends that is. I used to be that girl, until sleep became more inviting that sparring with a table full of young men. I can cuss and tell the dirtiest joke at the table! And I beat those boys at their game too... they tease me, but they fear me. It's a delicate dance when I scrap with all of them. So I've had to play a few times to let them know 'I can kick your ass, I CHOOSE not to humiliate you in my home'.

Last night we went to the pool. Loads of fun, it's like the pool cures everyone's temperament. The kids never fight, and giggle and splash the entire time. I save pool days for when I think we are all going to implode and the pool washes those awful moods away. But last night, it had just been too long since we'd been. Brady wants to start lessons again, I'm begging him to wait until Nat turns 3 so I can stop getting in the pool with them, maybe even use the time to do some laps?

Nat turning 3... I just went through her stored clothes today, and it's all 3's and 4's. She is so tall she wears a lot of 4 shirts, but she is so skinny that the 3 pants fit length wise, but she has perpetual plumber butt. And the 2's are to short, and the 2 skirts are obscene on her now, so I can't get away with those. I just can't believe she is 3, time is speeding up!

Another boredom buster and "I'm going to kill you if you don't stop trying to kill each other" peacekeeping activity we do is go to Little Bugs. So we made a haul there today. It's getting harder and harder to find anything for B, so Natalie usually comes home with the most loot from there, which is fine since I bought Brady a really nice Firefighter costume (actually "turnout gear") that he has been wearing ever since we got it yesterday. He tried to sleep in it last night, but he's used to sleeping in the buff, so buckles and suspenders proved to be overkill. I figured it was worth the investment since he won't give up the costume that is a size 3, he wears that thing a few times a week, and it's entirely too small. So Natalie is his "Captain" and he is the "Chief, see mom, it says it on my helmet" I can't tell him that both helmets say "Chief".


Basketball league starts tomorrow at 11:15, I think B is going to like this more than Soccer. Me too, Basketball stays indoors, Soccer progresses outside. I don't want to be a Soccer mom, I just wear the uniform and drive the van!

1 comments:

Erin said...

You know all you have to do is ask... When have I ever turned down a drinking buddy request? Oh, it's probably because my kid peed in your bed the last time I came over. That's why you don't invite me anymore. I see how it is!