Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dumb Cat, Friendly Cat




Maybe being dumb makes you nicer since you don't know how to weed through the assholes in life. My cat Daisy (we call her mae-mae, which means little sister in Mandarin, and her name came from calling her Daisy Mae, and disintegrated to Mae-Mae. The kids don't know who "Daisy" is.) Daisy is a VERY friendly cat. Which, if you're going to have a cat, she's the kind you hope to get. So tonight after I put the kids to bed, she ran out the back slider as I was feeding the dogs. She must not have remembered that it's 40 degrees and raining. And it's windy. But she likes to go out and smell the dogs ears, and on a good day, rub on the dogs or roll where they have been laying. She loves dog-stink. So anyway... whenever she goes outside at night she inevitably ends up on our back deck. I have no idea how she gets onto the back deck, as it's 15 feet in the air and... well there is only one way for a human to get on the deck, and that is through the house. And then she meows because she's stuck. She can't escape the back deck once she arrives.

And today I had MOMS Club over for a kiddie craft, which ended up being a mommy craft while the kiddies played (but didn't destroy!) downstairs. And here is the craft I created for this month. Natalie loves these Eric Caryle books and so when I found the idea to make a felt board version of the story, I knew I had my Jan. craft. Now to figure out what we'll do for Groundhog day. Screw Valentines, the kids will bring home too much of that holiday as it is, I need to break outside the box.

2 comments:

Jen said...

watch out Heather you may start your own preschool with all those kiddie crafts!

rebecca said...

I have known you for 5 years and had no idea you had a cat! You hide her very well, or I am just blind!

You amaze me with all your crafts. i would love to have a "babygroup" craft thing a few times a year. I will help you out!!! Just a thought.