Thursday, April 17, 2008

BUNCO!

Once again, Bunco night was last night at Beka's home. My wonderful friend Kate picked me up (so we could kick it old skool) and that also gave me license to drink freely (OK, one Mike's Hard lime and 2 beers. I'm an animal!) But that extra beer helped my game fo' sho'. I rolled 6 Travels (when you roll all of the wrong number you're rolling for) but that wasn't the winning score. But my 3 bunco's did the trick! I cruised home with $60 in my pocket!

Tonight Natalie and I drove up to Lynden (I can feel my skin getting hot as I drive into "God's country"). Roxie and her friends are participating in the Relay for Life on a team called "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". Cute, huh? So she had 10 different catalog sales vendors (like Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc.) and they gave their profits to their fundraising efforts. I also won a door prize (they called my name just as Nat was amping up a tantrum over num-a-nums). And I bought a necklace that says "hope, love, faith" on it with orange ribbons engraved on it. Supposedly the orange ribbon represents Leukemia (it really does) but I think these ribbon colors have gotten a little out of hand, don't you? I mean red (AIDS), pink (B. Cancer), purple is something, there is a checkered one or something for Autism. Oh, and the infamous YELLOW ribbon. Ugh. I know everyone is passionate about their cause, and obviously I am too if I bought the damn necklace, but I could have lived without the 1800 different colored ribbons.

Off to bed I go... have to get to work early, then go get my feet casted for orthotic molds. G-L-A-M-O-R-OUS, she's Glamorous (flouncy, flouncy).

0 comments: