Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sick baby

When I got home last night from my wonderful evening, Natalie was sleeping in our bed. Then came the coughing. By midnight, she was barking. So I hauled out the humidifier to try and quell her discomfort.
She woke up this morning bright and cheery. Huh.
Then at 2:00 while we were at my work for a meeting she came to "snuggle". Then she needed my sweater because she was chilly. Uh-oh. Sho' nuf, by the time we left at 2:45, she had a fever and was lethargic. She fell asleep on the way home and slept until 5ish. Dang it!
I did thoroughly enjoy the sweet (and sweaty) snuggles I got to dish out all afternoon, but in the back of my head was all the things I wasn't accomplishing today. Like sweeping/mopping my filthy floors, hauling a bunch of junk to Erin's for another garage sale (shut up), and heading to Trader Joe's to get some various Trader Joe-type things. And maybe a trip to Costco. And I am really bummed because we were supposed to have dinner at Erin's and let the kids run themselves into the ground (translation: easy bed time).
At least Brady had a fun afternoon with the neighborhood kids outside while I holed up with little miss, I hate when one kid has to miss out on stuff when the other isn't feeling well.

0 comments: