Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus...

This morning we went for a bus ride downtown. It's an easy, inexpensive way to kill a couple of hours. The bus stops very near our house so there is hardly any effort involved.

We hit Hohl's and looked at all the Guinea pigs (love them!!!) and baby rats. Got the dogs a treat as well as some millet for Grandpa's bird, Sunshine. Oh, and some tuna treats for the cats.

Then over to the fish store and got some new fish for each kids tanks (2 Dalmatian and 1 Cremecicle Molly's for Brady and 5 Albino Cherry Barbs for Natalie) and they each picked out a snail. My kids have learned to deal with the death of a pet very easily by having fish. We are constantly at the toilet bowl saying goodbye, or finding one all dried up behind the tank when it tried to make a great escape. Every night we feed their fish before bed and watch them for a few minutes, that also includes a quick scan for floaters or carcases stuck to the filter in-take. The problem is that Brady is constantly talking about "When Katie dies... can we get that dog?" Or "When Daisy is dead, can we get a kitten?" Larry and I really went overboard with pets before our children were born. (5 cats and 3 dogs at one point...'nuf said. We're down to 2 and 2, phew!)

Then it was my turn. I drug the kids across the street to Avellino to get my most delicious double-tall-non-fat-no-whip-mocha. Oh, baby. And each kid got a chocolate chip cookie and got about half-way through them before realizing there were pecans in them, then they both promptly abandoned the cookies. I also noticed that Everyday Music has several signs saying "We pay cash", but I don't know what that all entails yet. I have to thank "Tink" who found my blog and commented about an Everyday Music in Portland. I guess when Cellophane Square went through the change, it may have become a chain? So I will look there for my album sales.

Back on the bus... and home at last. Nice afternoon with the 2 kids. Esp. on a grey day. Ugh, I have no energy in this weather!

1 comments:

Tink1272 said...

Whoo hoo! Good luck on the albums! I'm glad that you found Everyday Music. (I think I found you through a blog of a friend and I love reading it!)

I hope you get decent money for the albums. :-)