Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WWD

I just got home from WWD (Wine, Whine, and Dine) with some great friends: Brooke, Maggie, Beka, Kate W, Jamie, and her mom Diana. We met up at El Rinconcito, and though I passed on the wine for a Mango Margarita (my MIL just told me not to drink one... it's hard to say no with girlfriends around) and had 1/2 a fajita burrito. Yummy. And I whined quite a bit. About work (my managers style is 'hover and nag'), sleeping arrangements (it seems none of us are night snugglers), being fat (as I sipped my sugar loaded margarita), and much more. It was great.

Then I decided my night out wasn't over (the babysitter had just been releived by Larry, so I needed to milk a little more time out of tonight) so I took myself to Barnes and Noble and got 3 mags, a Office Space coffee mug, and a book called A Beautiful Boy or something like that, sounds like a John Lennon song. I am anxious to get started on it, but I think I'll read all the smut mags I bought first (OK, I only bought People, a pregnancy mag for Carly, and a Cooks Illustrated mag).

And one more whine... I'm pissed I didn't get a photo of our group tonight for my blog and for my "photo a day", next month ladies... I'm gonna gitcha.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Mommy time is a good thing!

Kate said...

I'm bummed I didn't get to join you! I was totally in the mood for Mexican food.